libkrb5support On OS X 10.3

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 23 15:29:24 EDT 2005

    Mike> 10.4.2 machine, I have a /usr/lib/libkrb5support.dylib while
    Mike> on the 10.3.9, it's missing.

It is only needed for MIt Kerberos 1.4 and greater.  Mac OS X 10.3 is
based on Kerberos 1.3 so it does not have the support library.

    Mike> Also, I'm missing a
    Mike> krb5-config script, which makes me believe other things may
    Mike> be missing.

We did not ship krb5-config on 10.3.

    Mike> Did I miss installing a package, or is there anything
    Mike> special I need to do?  I was under the impression that OS X
    Mike> 10.2+ came with Kerberos 5 support.

Your understanding is correct.  If OpenAFS requires krb5-config then
you will need to do some extra work to get it building on 10.3.9.