Possible to use only IP addresses in MIT Kerberos (ie: disable DNS name resolution)?

rchowneltura@hotmail.com rchowneltura at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:43:18 EST 2005

Hi, I am investigating kerberizing of our application using
MIT Kerberos5.  Due to the nature of our application,
we cannot use DNS and must use host IP addresses
instead of hostnames during authentication.

However (I'm a Kerberos newbie), there doesn't seem
to be a way to disable name resolution.  For example,
I can't specify IP addresses for the KDC/kadmind
host in krb5.conf, it doesn't seem to work.

Has anybody had success in configuring only IP addresses
in MIT Kerberos5, or perhaps give me any tips?

Thanks, Richard