SSH and Kerberos in Solaris 9

rsetterlund@gmail.com rsetterlund at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:22:57 EST 2005

Henrik,

Unfortunately, I do not have any advice for you about your problem.
But I am working on getting Kerberos configured and have problems of my
own.  I ran across your posting and thought that you might be able to
give me some help.

I am using SEAM on a Solaris 9.0 system.  I have a tried to configure
Kerberos following a white paper that Sun released.  I am to the point
of trying to get the kinit command to work.  I log into the server, and
get a number of Kerberos authentication errors.  Then when I run the
kinit command with what I know is a valid Active Directory account and
password, I get "kinit: Improper format of Kerberos /etc/krb5/krb5.conf
configuration file while getting initial credentials" error message.
If I were to email, direct to you, my krb5.conf file would you look at
it to see if you can detect what the error is?