No subject

Richardson, Shawn P. (IT) shawn.richardson at ngc.com
Thu May 19 09:07:39 EDT 2005

Kteam,
There were some posts concerning the MIT version of kerberos (1.4) on
AIX 5.2 systems, and one of the replies:

http://www.webservertalk.com/message1030494.html

Suggested that the "kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in
requested realm while getting initial credentials" might be fixed in
release 1.4.1.  I wanted to report that this is not the case (again
specific to AIX systems I am sure).  I have a properly configured
krb5.conf, but I would like to note that I use the IBM stock version of
kerberos to authenticate my users to Active Directory, and that
/etc/krb5.conf, is simply a link to this configuration file
(/etc/krb5/krb5.conf).  I have the MIT build in /usr/local.  I am trying
the MIT version because I could not get samba to compile with the AIX
krb libraries.  Truss output shows the opening of the config file, the
reading of the libdefaults stanza, and then network resolution attempts
- I have the resolution order configured for local files, THEN DNS to
support HACMP.  However, swapping the resolution order didn't seem to
help either.

If there is anything I should try then please let me know, otherwise, I
can guess that I am not the first to contact you about this, but I
thought I would fire off an email anyway.  Thank you very much for your
time.

Shawn Richardson
UNIX Systems Administration
Northrop Grumman Information Technology