gmtime_r

Albert Chin kerberos at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Thu May 12 22:20:13 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:08:32PM -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> As for the reason it's failing to determine the return type, it looks
> like gmtime_r is only declared if _REENTRANT is defined.  With our
> current configuration framework, causing that to be defined would be
> easy; causing it to happen without forcing the pthread library to be
> linked into every Kerberos program may be hard.  But as a workaround,
> you could try (in a fresh tree):
>
>   configure --prefix=... CPPFLAGS=-D_REENTRANT

It's not too hard to determine if gmtime_r needs -D_REENTRANT and then
define GMTIME_R_NEEDS__REENTRANT and then:
  #ifdef GMTIME_R_NEEDS__REENTRANT
  #define _REENTRANT
  #endif
where needed in .c files.

We've done something similar in KDE's configure.ac for HP-UX which
needs _REENTRANT for some functions.

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)