libdb.a

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu May 12 15:16:29 EDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 14:55, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> Erm, no, I mean it's not _built_, from the source directory:

Oh.  Hrm, I thought we were linking it in statically.  Sorry.  I
must've been thinking of one of the other libraries.

For 1.4, we did change the default to be to build shared libraries
only, for the libraries we install.  (Libraries we only want to link
into our own applications are built static-only, unless we need the
shared object files to go into other libraries.  I think this is the
case with db.)  If you configure with --enable-static that'll turn on
the .a builds for libraries we install.

Ken