libdb.a

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu May 12 14:47:17 EDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 14:35, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> So previous versions of kerberos included a static lib called libdb.a,
> that
> one of our developers used.
>
> I've noticed that in the 1.4 series this no longer exists...

It's still in our tree, and linked into the programs that access the
Kerberos database directly, but we're no longer installing it.  We
don't want to be in the business of supporting a general-purpose
database package.

What we're (still) using is an old version of the Berkeley/Sleepycat
database package, with some bug fixes.  (We can't update because of
licensing issues.)  You might want to check the Sleepycat web site,
and/or look up the BDB sources in your favorite open-source OS
distribution.

Or, you could tweak the Kerberos sources to install the db library on
your system ... but if you run into problems with db unrelated to its
use in the KDC and related programs we ship, we don't support it.

Ken