Viewing/printing tex documents

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon red at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 25 09:28:17 EST 2005

This is most likely a problem with your LaTeX installation, as the latex.fmt
file should be part of your LaTeX install; on my Debian Linux machine, it lives
in /var/lib/texmf/web2c/latex.fmt, but I don't have a Solaris machine to find
it on handy. If "find / | grep latex.fmt" (and there are probably better ways
to do that) doesnt' show you any files, you're probably missing something.
Whatever problems you do have with your LaTeX build are probably best solved
elsewhere.

In the process of looking at this problem, I did generate ps files of the
document you wanted. I put them in http://yiff.mit.edu/kerberos-temp/ so
that you are spared the pain of debugging LaTeX if you don't have time to
do that right now. Of course, these files come with no warranty, the server
makes no claims of uptime, I probably won't do this again, I am not a LaTeX
preprocessor, etc. etc. :)

I also noticed a couple of things about the documentation tarball that might
be of more general interest:
(1) the root makefile seems to depend on the source tree being available
(2) the LaTeX documents are LaTeX2.09 and not LaTeX2E (Kerberos is old. Wait,
    "mature." Let's call it mature.)
Are these things that anyone actually cares about fixing? If so, I would be
happy to put in a couple of hours and submit a patch.

-r.