A Kerberos authentication scheme.

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 23 22:40:20 EST 2005

It has been my experience that from the end-user standpoint, Kerberos
scales down well.  I think that's a significant part of why Apple and
Microsoft have adopted it for their server authentication solutions.

However, it has been my experience that many of the open-source
authentication tools based on Kerberos do not scale down well from the
standpoint of the system administrator.  This is not a technology
problem; it is a software implementation problem.

Put another way: there is significant room for value add in tools that
make Kerberos and AFS easy to set up.

--Sam