... A token was invalid ...

Jellbauer Jakob Jakob.Jellbauer at interhyp.de
Thu Mar 3 13:25:59 EST 2005

Hello list,

i´ve got Kerberos Single Sign On working with Apache 2.0.53 , Active Directory on Win2000   and XP Clients.

First i thought it works great, but then these messages shown up in the apache errorlog :

.. gss_accept_sec_context() failed: A token was invalid (Token header is malformed or corrupt)...

The strange thing is , that it´s a random problem, a few request before the client authenticates normally as USER at DOMAIN.INTERN.

I think it´s a problem with sites, that are often reloaded , for example we are testing a "Active Desktop" that posts some Phone infos in a DB.

But not only with Active Desktop, also normal IE Browser Request are producing this error, and the bad bad bad password dialog appears ...

What can i do to make it work perfect ?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Greetings

Jakob