Kerberos + Qpopper Build fails

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 26 05:20:51 EDT 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 02:11, Viji wrote:
> I have tried without linking -lkrb5util. As u said, i got link failure
> with "krb5_compat_recvauth" function. I have changed
> "krb5_compat_recvauth" function to "krb_recvauth" function. But i
> didn't know the exact arguments for this function ,so i got errors.

I don't know them either, offhand, but the argument names in the
sources should make it pretty clear.

> Is this  "krb_recvauth" function will handle both V4 and V5? What is
> the function used to handle only V5?

No, krb_recvauth is krb4-only.  I assumed, since you indicated
"--with-krb4" was in your qpopper configuration, that you're using
krb4.  If you're using krb5, then krb5_recvauth would be the function
to use.

Ken