OS X 10.4.2 kdestroy problem

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 20 13:50:41 EDT 2005

The problem here is that the Mach-IPC based CCacheServer (which
stores your tickets) gets registered as root by launchd.  There is
special code in the login process which tells the first instantiation
of the CCacheServer to run as the user.  However when you destroy
your tickets and get new ones, launchd launches the second
CCacheServer (and all future ones) as root and thus you don't have
access to your ticket cache.

Apple is aware of this problem and is working with MIT to resolve
it.  Unfortunately there is currently no workaround other than to not
enable Kerberos at login.