OS X 10.4.2 kdestroy problem

Wachdorf, Daniel R drwachd at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 19 13:24:32 EDT 2005

Has anyone run into this?

We have edited /etc/authorization and set
builtin:krb5authenticate,privileged in place of authinternal for
system.login.console.   This allows us to log into the system with a
valid Kerberos password.

However, in 10.4.2 when we run kdestroy, kinit will no longer work:

drwmac:~ drwachd$ /usr/bin/klist
Kerberos 5 ticket cache: 'API:Initial default ccache'
Default principal: drwachd at dce.sandia.gov

Valid Starting     Expires            Service Principal
07/19/05 11:20:43  07/19/05 21:20:42
krbtgt/dce.sandia.gov at dce.sandia.gov
        renew until 08/02/05 11:20:42

klist: No Kerberos 4 tickets in credentials cache
drwmac:~ drwachd$ /usr/bin/kdestroy
drwmac:~ drwachd$ /usr/bin/kinit
Please enter the password for drwachd at dce.sandia.gov:
Kerberos Login Failed: Credentials cache server unavailable
drwmac:~ drwachd$

If we login with a local (not Kerberos) password, type kinit then
kdestroy, then kinit - it works fine.

Any ideas as to the problem?

-dan
Daniel Wachdorf