Assertion failuers

fariba fariba at usc.edu
Sat Jul 9 11:52:20 EDT 2005

i work with phil as well. i was wondering what are the proc/con of using
these flags:

--disable-shared --enable-static --disable-threads

in solaris 2.8 or higher?
we have an application that since we upgraded to  this version of kerberos, it occasionally core dumps on solaris 2.9. the app is a 2.6 compiled and linked app and  the dbx does not analyze the core properly. i was wondering the use of above flags (specially the disable threads) might have an effect this problem. we will be away from 2.6 soon though (so we do not compile and link on 2.6 so the executable be runnable on all the versions) but until then i need to resolve the problem. i appreciate your input.