Krb5 API vs. GSSAPI

Frank Balluffi frank.balluffi at db.com
Wed Jan 19 13:55:30 EST 2005

Kirill,

Users of MIT GSSAPI, which does not support SPNEGO, need to implement code
to add SPNEGO wrapping and remove SPNEGO wrapping to and from RFC 1964
Kerberos GSSAPI tokens.

One solution, and probably the best, is to implement gss_init_sec_context
and gss_accept_sec_context that do this.

Another solution, which one could argue is less disciplined, is to add
SPNEGO wrapping after calling gss_init_sec_context and remove SPNEGO
wrapping before calling gss_accept_sec_context.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/modgssapache's modgssapache and mod_spnego
use the latter solution, and fbopenssl contains code to add and remove
SPNEGO wrapping using OpenSSL's ASN.1/DER engine.

Frank

Kirill Mendelev <kirill.mendelev at gmail.com>
Sent by: kerberos-bounces at MIT.EDU
01/19/2005 04:54 AM