Krb5 API vs. GSSAPI

Frank Balluffi frank.balluffi at db.com
Wed Jan 19 08:35:46 EST 2005

For completeness it should be noted that GSSAPI has bindings for multiple
languages, including C and Java.

Frank

Fredrik Tolf <fredrik at dolda2000.com>
Sent by: kerberos-bounces at MIT.EDU
01/18/2005 06:09 PM

        To:     kerberos at MIT.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Krb5 API vs. GSSAPI

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 17:04 -0500, "Frank Balluffi" wrote:
> Fredrik,
>
> GSSAPI is a standard. Kerberos APIs are implementation specific.

Oh, do you mean specific to MIT Kerberos? In that case, it does seem to
be making quite some difference. =)

Thanks for enlightening me!

> Also,
> GSSAPI supports many mechanisms.

Is that so? I've only ever seen Kerberos being carried out over GSSAPI.
What others are there?