krb5 1.4 on AIX 5.1 Illegal Instruction

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 27 01:04:10 EST 2005

Try building with the following options
--disable-thread-support --disable-shared --enable-static

This will turn off shared libraries and thread support.

We do not test on AIX 5.1; if we had sufficiently modern hardware we
could probably be convinced to drop AIX 4 and start testing on AIX 5,
but I don't think that would be a good idea with our current hardware.

However we do make beta versions of MIT Kerberos available to the
developer community during our release cycle.  We strongly encourage
sites to make sure that developers qualified to test and report
problems test our betas on platforms they care about.

Sam Hartman
MIT Kerberos Team Leader
MIT Information Services and Technology