Problems with SSO authentication in windows XP sp2

Seema Malkani Seema.Malkani at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 16 20:50:39 EST 2005

If you are using native ticket cache, Java Krb5LoginModule will obtain
the native TGT from the ticket cache via LSA API. If you are using a
file-based ticket cache, Java Krb5LoginModule will obtain the TGT from
your file-based cache. However if the ticket obtained from the ticket
cache is no longer valid, Java Krb5LoginModule will prompt for
username/password.

Did you use kinit to obtain the TGT ? If you did, then Java
Krb5LoginModule will first fetch the ticket from the file-based ticket
cache if it exists. In your case probably the TGT in the file-based
ticket cache has expired. Check if you have a krb5cc_uid file in your
home directory on Windows. If you do, then I would suggest that you
remove this file. Now Java Krb5LoginModule will obtain the TGT from the
native ticket cache via LSA, and SSO should work now.

When prompted for username/password, the TGT obtained is not stored in
any file-based cache, it will be stored in the JAAS subject. If the TGT
already exists in the JAAS subject, it will be used for authentication.

Do you have a file-based ticket cache in your home dir ? Did you change
the Kerberos principal name used by your Java application ? Did you
log-in as a different user ?

Please send me further details on your usage.

Seema