Kadm5 issue

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 10 13:31:00 EST 2005

    Anderson> Hi all, I have already posted to this list some time ago
    Anderson> asking about a Java implementation for a kadm5 client.
    Anderson> Now, I am going to implement the Java kadm5 client that
    Anderson> I'm required to.  And as I have not found any sign of an
    Anderson> existing Java implementation yet, I have decided to do
    Anderson> it starting from the protocol spec.

    Anderson> The problem is: I can't find the kadm5 protocol
    Anderson> specification.

We don't   have such a spec.

I'm somewhat surprised we don't have an rpcgen input file, but we
don't seem to have that either.  However given a working rpc
implementation that supports GSSAPI authentication the code in
src/lib/kadm5/clnt should not be too complicated.

Note that only Kerberos 1.4 supports the standards-track GSSAPI RPC
security.

--Sam

--Sam