Kerberos Authentication against Active Directory in Java-Servlet

horser@gmx.de horser at gmx.de
Tue Aug 30 10:01:46 EDT 2005

Hi NG,

I use Java 1.4.2 and a Servlet in which I do a password authentication
against
the Active Directory. It works fine but I have the problem if User has
a password shorter then 6 characters the login will fail.
(Preauthentication Error).
The User has no problem if he log on an windows maschine or on a linux
maschine (the linux maschine will use kerberos and the same krb5.conf
authenticate against the Active Directory) but the servlet won't do it.

Any Ideas? Are there restictions/rules in java or something else?

Chris