Memory Leak problems with krb5_get_init_creds_password?

brian.joh@comcast.net brian.joh at comcast.net
Thu Aug 18 17:49:47 EDT 2005

>At no point was there any assumption that the program I
>provided was efficient. It was a proof of concept program to show how
>to exploit the memory leak. I agree that placing the res_state
>variable into the krb5_context is a good solution, and that creating
>multiple contexts in the same thread is unneccessary.

I know you weren't trying to write any production code or
anything.  I was just pointing out, that if the memory leak
is moved to krb5_init_context(), then the problem is solved
for realistic cases.  And I was just trying to say it wouldn't
fix the problem in your test program and that your leak
test would still leak.