Memory Leak problems with krb5_get_init_creds_password?

Chet Burgess cfb at usc.edu
Thu Aug 18 17:34:35 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:22:29PM -0700, brian.joh at comcast.net wrote:
> Note a memory leak should still exist if you constantly
> create krb5_contexts as Chet's program does.  However,
> Chet's program is inefficient, and you should really never
> need more than one krb5_context per thread/program.

	At no point was there any assumption that the program I
provided was efficient. It was a proof of concept program to show how
to exploit the memory leak. I agree that placing the res_state
variable into the krb5_context is a good solution, and that creating
multiple contexts in the same thread is unneccessary.

--
Chet Burgess

Manager, Enterprise Collaboration Services
Information Services Division
University of Southern California
cfb at usc.edu
213-740-5160