1.4.x and perl modules

John Rudd jrudd at ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 11 18:33:00 EDT 2005

I'm sorry if this is overly vague, I'll try to follow up with details if
my question is only met with confusion.

I have been developing a local module for managing our kerberos accounts
that makes use of Authen::Krb5, Authen::Krb5::Admin, and
Authen::Krb5::Simple.  This module would replace some existing modules
(that make direct command-line calls to kadmin, and/or use
Authen::Krb5::Simple).

When I tried to upgrade my development machine to krb5 1.4.1, that all
fell apart (so I downgraded).  It looks like the API change in 1.4.x
makes Authen::Krb5 stop working.  But I'm not actually sure that the
problem is within Authen::Krb5 and not Authen::Krb5::Admin (nor if
Authen:Krb5::Simple is immune to this problem).

Does anyone know what problem I'm talking about, and which Module is the
problem?

Does anyone know when the affected modules will get fixed?  I can't
really upgrade my systems to krb5 1.4.x until the perl modules are up to
speed.

Thanks.

(I'm bcc'ing (to protect their email addresses from usenet bots) the
maintainers of each module, according to the most recent READMEs at CPAN)