kdcpreauth.c and Kerberos for the Macintosh

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 5 17:47:56 EDT 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

>> We're beginning to explore what it will take to add support for our
>> hardware tokens to Kerberos for the Macintosh. If memory serves,
>> the file
>> for hardware preauthentication is 'kdc_preauth.c'. It's not in the
>> Kerberos5 project. Am I looking in the correct project?
>>

> On the client side, the relevant file is preauth2.c.  But AFAIK the
> code is already there (not on the KDC side, though).  I know it
> doesn't
> work with the graphical login stuff, but supposedly people are working
> on that.

Have you tried the Tiger (10.4) support?  Our hardware preauth test
case (grail) works with Tiger.

Note that there are some known problems with the graphical prompter
support and the loginwindow.  These will be resolved in a future
update from Apple.  However if you are seeing problems from the
dialog after login (such as from Kerberos.app), please let me know.

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>
MIT Kerberos Development Team
<http://mit.edu/lxs/www>