Increasing default ticket lifetime

Jan Schumacher jschumac at physik.uni-bonn.de
Mon Apr 25 06:50:25 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

after having changed the allowable maximum lifetimes in the principal db, I
can use kinit with options to ask for tickets valid longer than the default
10h. However, I have not found a way to change this default for pam-krb5,
i.e. how to get a longer ticket from login. I tried to change the
ticket_lifetime key in krb5.conf, but to no effect. For pam_krb5 (Frank
Cusack's version) I could not find a configuration option to that effect. I
am using Debian Sarge and unstable. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Jan