do_gss_auth errors

Jeff Muzerolle jmuzerolle at berklee.edu
Thu Apr 7 16:03:56 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a RedHat Enterprise 3 server running Netatalk 2.0.2 (which is
configured to authenticate using Kerberos or the local password file)
and when users try to connect via Kerberos logon, they get the error
'AFP server unavailable'.  If I connect to this server authenticating
against the local password file, I get in fine.

Also, /var/log/messages display the following errors:

Apr  7 14:00:24 newbcm afpd[32433]: uams_gss.c :LoginCont: client thinks
user is jmuzerolle
Apr  7 14:00:24 newbcm afpd[32433]: uams_gss.c :do_gss_auth:
accept_sec_context Miscellaneous failure (error Bad file descriptor)
Apr  7 14:00:24 newbcm afpd[32433]: uams_gss.c :do_gss_auth:
accept_sec_context Bad encryption type (error Bad file descriptor)
Apr  7 14:00:24 newbcm afpd[32433]: do_gss_auth failed

I have verified that my krb5.conf file is configured properly, and I
have added the host and service principals to the KDC (running on a
different server) and the local keytab file.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff