Solaris 9 Cross Realm Authentication Problems

Darren Hoch darren.hoch at litemail.org
Sat Apr 2 02:33:08 EST 2005

Hello All,

Thanks Jeffery. I deleted the old krbtgt principals and added the
following on each host:

krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM at EXAMPLE1.COM
krbtgt/EXAMPLE1.COM at EXAMPLE.COM

I am almost there. When user darren now tries to telnet (kerberized)
from a host in realm EXAMPLE.COM to a host in EXAMPLE1.COM, the
credentials and encryption are accepted, however, I am still prompted
for a password for the user darren in realm EXAMPLE1.COM. Shoud I be
prompted, or should I be able to do single sign on?

Thanks,
Darren

server1.example.com -> telnet -a -f -x horn.example1.com
Trying 10.16.1.21...
Connected to horn.example1.com (10.16.1.21).
Escape character is '^]'.
Waiting for encryption to be negotiated...[ Kerberos V5 accepts you as :
:``darren at EXAMPLE.COM'' ]
[ Kerberos V5 accepted forwarded credentials ]
done.
Password for darren:
Last login: Fri Apr  1 22:58:31 on pts/2
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
Welcome to Sol9_FCS on horn
horn.example1.com -> klist
Ticket cache: /tmp/krb5cc_100
Default principal: darren at EXAMPLE1.COM

Valid starting                       Expires
Service principal
Fri Apr 01 23:02:07 2005  Sat Apr 02 07:02:07 2005
krbtgt/EXAMPLE1.COM at EXAMPLE1.COM