Kerberos behind load balancer?

Kasundra, Digant digant at uta.edu
Thu Sep 30 19:06:19 EDT 2004

Hello folks,

We just bought ourselves a nifty little NetScaler load balancing router.
But we can't seem to make it work with Kerberos.  I believe we're
supposed to setup the balancer to forward on the source IP and add a
loopback address (not sure how) that listens to the same virtual IP and
responds back to whoever is doing the kinit (for example).  We are
having no luck making this work and can't find any documentation on
this.  Does anyone know how to make this work?  We're running the KDC on
a linux box (Red Hat AS 3.0).

-- DK