infected krb5-1.3.5.tar?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 28 13:44:03 EDT 2004

"Schult, Pascal" <pascal.schult at grundvers.de> writes:

> Virus was found and quarantined in http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/krb5/1.3/krb5-1.3.5.tar:<p>
> Found virus MacroStripped in file krb5-1.3.5/src/lib/crypto/aes/vbaxam.doc (in krb5-1.3.5.tar)<p>

>From what I've been able to dig up, "MacroStripped" means that some
virus scanner, probably TrendMicro's Interscan, noticed that there's a
macro in a file.  In this case, the macro is a demonstration (provided
by the author of the AES code) of how to invoke the AES library
routines from VBA.  Since we're not building the AES DLL in the same
form as the author's original code (we incorporate it into another
library), the example code isn't very useful, so we plan to remove
this file for the 1.4 release.

Ken