Problems using Authen::Krb5::Admin

Darren Boss google at sirloinpope.com
Tue Sep 21 00:26:21 EDT 2004

Is there anyone on this list using the Authen::Krb5::Admin Perl
extension?

It works for me when I don't use Authen::Krb5::Admin::Config to try
and set which realm to go against and the defaults from /etc/krb5.conf
are used.

I need to write a web based utility that will perform operations
against two realms but whenever I try to use the Config object, all I
get are Client/server realm mismatch errors and I don't see any
activity in my server log files. Here is the script thus far:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Authen::Krb5::Admin;
my $username = "userid";
my $password = "********";
my $krbConfig = Authen::Krb5::Admin::Config->new();
$service= "kadmin/admin";
$krbConfig->admin_server("****.****.****.****");
$krbConfig->realm("****.**");
my $kadm5 = Authen::Krb5::Admin->init_with_password($username,
$password,  $serv
ice, $krbConfig) || die "ERROR: ",Authen::Krb5::Admin::error;

When the $krbConfig->admin_server and realm are the same as the
default in /etc/krb5.conf, it works. If they are different, I get the
cross realm error. There is also an attribute called profile for the
Config object and in the perldoc the description is "Kerberos 5
configuration profile". I'm not sure what that value should be set to.
All the code samples I've seen using this extension just use the
default realm from /etc/krb5.conf.