Authentication problems using Telnet on Solaris 9

Bill Smith bill.smith at jhuapl.edu
Fri Sep 3 13:41:03 EDT 2004

I'm trying to authenticate to our W2K domain controllers from my UNIX box
running Sun's kerberos distribution (SEAM) on a Solaris 9 box.  When I try
lo login using my domain logon, I get the following error

authentication failed:  Unknown code 2

in /var/adm/messages the following message is also logged

Sep  3 13:38:03 smithwe1-unix login: [ID 537602 auth.error] PAM-KRB5 (auth):
krb5_verify_init_creds failed: Unknown code 2

I've done some searching and found some info indicating possible problems
like this on Solaris 9 but so far no resolution.

FWIW, when I run kinit, I can authenticate to the domain controllers with no
problems.

Any idea on what the problem(s) may be?

Thanks,

Bill