Windows 2003 KDC: Problem mit ktpass

youpski youpski at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 05:28:46 EDT 2004

DsCracknames usually means that either the account cannot be found.
Looking at your syntax you are trying to map a computer account. If
so, you need to add a dollar sign "$" for Windows. Here is an example
of a syntax that works:

KTPASS -princ host/unixhost1.w2k3.domain.int at W2K3.DOMAIN.INT -mapuser
UNIXHOST1$ -pass Password1234 +Answer -out unixhost1-host.tab -crypto
DES-CBC-MD5 -kvno 4 /Target dc01.w2k3.domain.int

also look at the kvno. This is different in w2k3 as opposed to w2k. In
w2k the kvno was always 1. In w2k3 the key version number can be
different. Everytime you reset the password on the account in AD, the
kvno is raised by 1. So before you run KTPASS read out the current
kvno (using adsi or ldap). The atribute is "msDS-KeyVersionNumber".
Also, use MD5 instead of CRC. W2K3 default does not support CRC.

succes