make check error

David.Estacio@sycoleman.com David.Estacio at sycoleman.com
Wed Sep 1 14:57:59 EDT 2004

I'm new to the list, I did download the archive and search it, but I didn't
find anything that pointed me towards this.  I'm hoping someone can help, or
maybe give me some feedback on more troubleshooting steps.

I'm running Aurora 1.0 (Redhat 7.x for SPARC platforms) and I have attempted
to compile and install Kerberos 1.3.4.  Configure and make both go fine (or
appear to), but when I do the "make check" I get the following error.

WARNING!  Cannot auto-detect ps type, assuming BSD.
Admin server or KDC failed to start after 310 seconds.
make[3]: *** [unit-test-body] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/krb5-1.3.4/src/lib/rpc/unit-test'
make[2]: *** [check-recurse] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/krb5-1.3.4/src/lib/rpc'
make[1]: *** [check-recurse] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/krb5-1.3.4/src/lib'
make: *** [check-recurse] Error 1

also when I try to telnet or FTP to my workstation now I get the following
error

telnet: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined symbol:
krb5int_hash_md5
ftp: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined symbol:
krb5int_hash_md5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David