kerberized nfs in OSX 10.3

Arjen van Bochoven bochoven at few.vu.nl
Fri Oct 29 07:56:07 EDT 2004

I have some questions regarding nfs and kerberos. I work in a lab that
deploys Solaris Servers and Solaris-, Windows-, OSX- and Linux clients.
I am responsible for the 100 OSX workstations. The Solaris clients
connect to the servers with secure nfs, but we're investigating
switching to kerberized nfsv3.

I was wondering if kerberized nfs is available for OSX 10.3 (kernel
version 7.5.0) The manpages of nfs_mount suggest that kerberized nfs
support is there, but the -K option is not recognized. If it is
available, could anyone point me in the right direction for setting up
a kerberized nfs mount?

I've read some previous posts suggesting OpenAFS as an alternative. Has
anyone done a setup for OSX workstations which mounts user
homedirectories on login using AFS?

Thanks in advance,