rsh under kerberos

wdz03@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn wdz03 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Oct 21 05:14:28 EDT 2004

hello!

  I am setting up a PC cluster. But I met some problem about the rsh under
kerberos. Would you like to help me?

  There are two cluster systems:
  1) Redhat 9.0 (kernel 2.4.80) - old cluster system, working normally.
  2) Fedora Core 2 (kernel 2.6.5) - new cluster system under building.
  Both of them are fully installed. And the following steps are the same on the
two systems:
  #adduser dyna
  #chkconfig rsh, rlogin, rexec on
  #xinetd restart
  $vi $HOME/.rhosts
  $chmod 644 .rhosts

  In the RH9 system, when all of those steps were taken, I got this:
  $rsh host1 echo hi
  hi

  But in the FC2 system, the same steps, I got this:
  $rsh host1 echo hi
  Connect to 192.168.0.201: Connection refuzed...
  Trying krb4 rsh
  Connect to 192.168.0.201: Connection refuzed...
  Trying normal rsh (/usr/bin/rsh)
  hi

  It seems there are something about kerberos I must find out. I don't know
whether there are differences between the RH9 and FC2 linux. I want the result in
the RH9. How should I do?
  Thank you very much!

best regards
Dazhi