KRB5 error code 52

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Thu Oct 7 17:28:32 EDT 2004

Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:

> MaxTokenSize is not a SEAM parameter.     If the size of the token is too
> large to fit in a single UDP datagram when PAC data is included,  the KDC
> switches to TCP.
> I think Windows 2003 Server  has a flag that can be set on the user
> principals
> to force it to stop putting PAC data in the tickets for that user, which
> will
> fix the problem.

The flag is set on the server principal in AD to tell AD not to add a PAC to
any service tickets for the server.

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832572

But your problem may be with the TGT.

> For previous releases (Windows 2000 server), I *think* if you disable
> the use of pre-authentication for those users then that will also cause the
> AD KDC to stop issuing PAC data with those tickets.

There is a way to tell the AD to not add a pack when getting a TGT,
(a preauth with PA_PAC_REQUEST) but this would require the SEAM kinit
to send this.

The real fix to to have SEAM support TCP to the KDC.

Temp fix, is to not have a user in too many groups.