KRB5 error code 52

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Thu Oct 7 14:31:19 EDT 2004

MaxTokenSize is not a SEAM parameter.     If the size of the token is too
large to fit in a single UDP datagram when PAC data is included,  the KDC
switches to TCP.

I think Windows 2003 Server  has a flag that can be set on the user
principals
to force it to stop putting PAC data in the tickets for that user, which
will
fix the problem.

For previous releases (Windows 2000 server), I *think* if you disable
the use of pre-authentication for those users then that will also cause the
AD KDC to stop issuing PAC data with those tickets.

-Wyllys