Kerberos behind load balancer?

Kasundra, Digant digant at uta.edu
Wed Oct 6 13:36:19 EDT 2004

How do you list both in DNS?  Are you implying that in DNS you only have (for instance) kerb1.mit.edu and kerb2.mit.edu and list both machines as KDCs in the krb5.conf.  If so, the app then randomly picks a KDC and tries that and if that fails, it rolls over to the next?  You then build that functionality into each and every app.

And when we tell our app programmers that is how they have to do it and they say "Why don't you have a load balancer that does that for me instead of me having to write this into all my various apps?"

We are under political pressures to get this done and bound by other politics to not do it the way everyone else is.

-- DK