WindowsXP/Solaris : incorrect key version number

Jacques Lebastard Jacques.Lebastard at evidian.com
Wed Oct 6 10:40:32 EDT 2004

Hi there,

a few days ago, I succeeded in running a SSPI/GSS-API client/server
program between an XP workstation and a Solaris server. The server's
keytab was generated using Windows 'ktpass' tool.

I generated another keytab file using the same tool (with the same
parameters) and installed that keytab file on the server.

Now, the server claims it cannot accept the token :
gss_accept_sec_context: Invalid credential was supplied
gss_accept_sec_context: Key version number for principal in key table is
incorrect

I tried to generate another keytab file using the -kvno 1 option but to
no avail.

What did I miss ?
Mr. Jacques LEBASTARD            mailto:jacques.lebastard at evidian.com
EVIDIAN S.A.                     www.evidian.com
Rue Jean Jaurès                  Tel: +33 1 30 80 77 86
F-78340 LES CLAYES SOUS BOIS     Fax: +33 1 30 80 77 99