ld.so.1: kinit: fatal: libkrb4.so.2: open failed: No such file

Ying Zhao Ying.Zhao at ithaka.org
Tue Oct 5 21:05:49 EDT 2004

Thanks, Fredrik!

I set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it works. But I am getting into another
problem that the kinit couldn't reach the KDC I specified, errors are:

kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm
while getting initial credentials

However, I remember when I did this within windowsXP, leash was able to
do the DNS look up once I turned on the flag in the krb5.ini.

BTW, do you know where krb5.conf exists for krb5-1.3.5-sparc-solaris2.9
(MIT implementation) besides some directory such as: /etc/krb5 (default
on Solaris).

Thanks in advance,
- Ying