Generic unknown RC/IO error while verifying initial ticket

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 30 21:09:28 EST 2004

    Jeremy> Ok, I'm going to let off some steam here... :-)

    Jeremy> <rant mode on> This is what drives me *nuts* about krb5
    Jeremy> debugging for customers.  WHY DOESN'T THE ERROR MESSAGE
    Jeremy> GIVE SOME DETAILS ABOUT WHAT IT IS TRYING TO DO ! For
    Jeremy> example, the filename it was trying to open and what the
    Jeremy> error code was ?  </rant mode off>

Would you be interested in helping design a way to do this?  Heimdal
allows an error string to be stored inside a context and retrieved
later.  That gives you enough flexibility to store the file name etc.

The complexity is that we would need to go through the code and find
every place where we have an error return and at least clear that
string so the error returned always corresponded to the string if it
was set.

Until we have someone who has time to go through all the code and do
that or until we come up with a clever way of doing so incrementally
we're stuck with the current system.

--Sam