Missing parms in kdc.conf

Mark Sellers contact at reef-rats.com
Mon Nov 22 22:39:19 EST 2004

It's finding my kdc.conf without this entry.  I know this because
I can add garbage to my kdc.conf and it will fail to parse it.
However, just to be sure, I added the [kdc] section with a
profile key, and I receive the same error.

I read in some news post that the error could also apply to
missing parameters in the krb5.conf file (i.e. the error text is
wrong).  Still, I don't see what is missing.  I'm bewildered on
this one.  It's gotta be something simple.

For reference, I'm running a 2.6.6 kernel (Debian) with Kerberos
5 version 1.3.4-4.

Thanks for the input.  Do you have any other suggestions?

-Mark