Missing parms in kdc.conf

Mark Sellers contact at reef-rats.com
Sun Nov 21 19:15:59 EST 2004

I am getting the following Kerberos 5 error:

kadmind: Required parameters in kdc.conf missing while
initializing, aborting

I have tried all the obvious things like reading man pages, admin
guides, and searching the web for examples.  I have also tried
plenty of trial and error, but to no avail.  Can someone please
point me in the right direction for solving this [presumably]
simple problem.

Conf files follow.  I have replaced my domain name with FOO.

Regards,
Mark

krb5.conf

[libdefaults]
default_realm = FOO
dns_lookup_realm = false
dns_lookup_kdc = false
kdc_timesync = 1
ccache_type = 4

default_tgs_enctypes = aes256-cts arcfour-hmac-md5 des3-hmac-sha1
des3-cbc-sha1 des-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-md5
default_tkt_enctypes = aes256-cts arcfour-hmac-md5 des3-hmac-sha1
des3-cbc-sha1 des-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-md5
permitted_enctypes   = aes256-cts arcfour-hmac-md5 des3-hmac-sha1
des3-cbc-sha1 des-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-md5

[realms]
FOO = {
   kdc = kerberos.foo
   admin_server = kerberos.foo
   default_domain = foo
}

[domain_realm]
.foo = FOO

[logging]
kdc = SYSLOG:INFO:AUTH
admin_server = SYSLOG:ERR:DAEMON

kdc.conf

[realms]
FOO = {
   database_name = /var/lib/krb5kdc/principal
   admin_keytab = /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
   acl_file = /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
   key_stash_file = /etc/krb5kdc/stash
   max_life = 10h 0m 0s
   max_renewable_life = 7d 0h 0m 0s
   master_key_type = des3-hmac-sha1
   supported_enctypes = des3:normal des-hmac-sha1:normal des-cbc-md5:normal
   default_principal_flags = +preauth
}