Trouble with Kerberos

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri May 21 15:01:25 EDT 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 12:04, Enrico Carretti wrote:
> /home/enrico/Kerberos/krb5-1.3.3/src/appl/telnet/telnet/telnet.c:783:
>  undefined reference to `tgetent'
>
> My teacher told me that the function tgetent should be contained into
> the library called "ncurses"; I downloaded it and I installed it onto
> my system but the copiling process gives me always the same error. I
> also looked into the ncurses.h file and I noticed that there isn't the
> header of the function tgetent (which seems to be the source of the
> error), maybe my teacher was wrong! What can I do????? I hope to hear
> something from you very soon! My respects

The configure process looks for some of these libraries, and based on
what's available, and some of the symbols they contain, decides what
libraries to link against.  It also caches results from a previous run,
so simply re-running configure in that tree probably won't fix it.

Remove the config.cache file at the top level of the build tree and run
configure again.  (Or delete the tree and start your build over.)  Then
telnet should link against ncurses.

Ken