Trouble with Kerberos

Enrico Carretti Carretti.Enrico.26608 at unimo.it
Fri May 21 12:04:35 EDT 2004

Dear Kerberos Team,
I have a trouble while trying to compile the source code of Kerberos; when I perform the "configure", no errors are retured, but when I perform the "make", the compiling stop and exit with an error that I paste under here:

/home/enrico/Kerberos/krb5-1.3.3/src/appl/telnet/telnet/telnet.c:783:
 undefined reference to `tgetent'
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make[3]: *** [telnet] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory
 `/home/enrico/Kerberos/krb5-1.3.3/src/appl/telnet/telnet'
  make[2]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
  make[2]: Leaving directory
 `/home/enrico/Kerberos/krb5-1.3.3/src/appl/telnet'
  make[1]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/enrico/Kerberos/krb5-1.3.3/src/appl'
 make: *** [all-recurse] Error 1

My teacher told me that the function tgetent should be contained into the library called "ncurses"; I downloaded it and I installed it onto my system but the copiling process gives me always the same error. I also looked into the ncurses.h file and I noticed that there isn't the header of the function tgetent (which seems to be the source of the error), maybe my teacher was wrong! What can I do????? I hope to hear something from you very soon! My respects

        Enrico Carretti