Kerberizing a non-kerberized telnet client

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 14 21:25:03 EDT 2004

The TELNET START-TLS, TELNET AUTH KRB5 and TELNET AUTH ENCRYPT options
are linked together but have no relationship with other TELNET options.
Most important, it is required that these three options be negotiated
prior to any other options.  It would be possible to implement a
winsock wrapper which would always attempt to negotiate the secure
telnet options.  The most important trick is to cache any other
attempted telnet negotiations until after the security options have
completed.

Feel free to contact me privately if you would like to see this developed.

Jeffrey Altman