root can't login from console

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Tue May 11 16:05:16 EDT 2004

I can login using lonin.krb5 as root through ssh, and get krb5 tickets,
but when I try from the console I am unable to login at all.

Any ideas why, where and how this is happening?  Thanks

/etc/pam.d/system-auth looks like this:
auth     required   /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth     sufficient /lib/security/pam_krb5afs.so use_first_pass tokens
auth     sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth     required   /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account  required   /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account  required   /lib/security/pam_access.so

password required   /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5
shadow
password required   /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session  required   /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session  required   /lib/security/pam_unix.so

--
Facade: Provide a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a
subsystem.

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute