Mozilla and GSSAPI (Was: Re: Apache modules compatible with kerberos in 1.7b)

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Fri Mar 26 22:58:42 EST 2004

wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com (Wyllys Ingersoll) wrote in message news:<4060F74C.507 at sun.com>...
> Travis Crawford wrote:
> The "negotiateauth" extension in Mozilla 1.7b uses GSSAPI
> for authentication in the same manner that Microsoft IE and IIS
> use it.

Any idea when Mozilla might roll their GSSAPI support into supporting
GSSAPI SASL in their mail clients?

(anyone know of any similar plans from MS for Entourage and Outlook?)

I'm trying to convince Stalker to add Kerberos support to CommuniGate
Pro (SMTP/IMAP/POP/LDAP?WebMail server, which can also do some bits of
regular web service), and they're being wishy-washy on me.  They keep
going back to "no windows clients support kerberized protocols".  In
the past I pointed out Eudora.  Today I pointed out Eudora and
Mulberry, as well as pointing out servers that support GSSAPI SASL.
I'm hoping to find more ammunition.