Is there a kadmin API?

Richard richardgundersen at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 09:51:41 EST 2004

Hi

Does anyone know if there is an API for kadmin on MIT Kerberos or any
of the other open source versions (eg Heimdal etc). I have a working
implementation of MIT set up on a linux box and I would like to write
a web application (in Java) which can talk to kadmin to administer
users, passwords etc etc.

Kadmin works fine from a console, but it would be nice to be able to
access kadmin's functionality from a browser. I am guessing if there
is an API, I could make all the appropriate calls from Java. I don't
know much about calling C from Java, but if someone could at least
tell me if it's possible, I would like to give it a try.

Thanks

Richard