java.security.krb5.conf property value question (could this be an URL?)

Soumen Sarkar soumen_personal at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:38:06 EST 2004

Hi,

This is a question on the value of property named

java.security.krb5.conf

In JDK 1.4.2 documentation:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/KerberosReq.html

there is mention of setting this property value to an existing (krb5.conf) file.
Is there any way, this could be an URL? In my situation, I have a kerberos
client within a java web start application. For this web start application, I
am able to derive all properties dynamically from URL since load method of
java.util.Properties accepts InputStream. In a similar manner, is it possible
to indicate an URL as value of property java.security.krb5.conf? Please note,
this would allow flexible security configuration of java kerberos clients.

Thanks in advance,
Soumen